Thursday 15 January 2015

Sewing My Vintage Patterns

 A great many people have joined the Vintage Pattern Pledge co-hosted by Marie and Kerry. The passive-aggresive part of me doesn't like to feel obligated, so I won't 'pledge', but I still plan to sew up some of the cool patterns I've acquired.

To that end, I have cut the shorts version of these 1977 trousers. The grey corduroy fabric is left over from a different pair of trousers under construction. (I have never had so much trouble with a zipper -I'm attempting the third insertion, but they should be done soon.) I am adding the Hollyburn pockets because I like them so much, and, well, trousers should have pockets.


 I hope to cut out this 1971 (I think) dress this weekend. Purple corduroy this time.


I have white cotton-with-seahorses for this 1960's dress. I've been tidying tho' and I can't put my hands immediately upon the stuff. And, because I have a Sewaholic crush, I'm going to use the Cambie skirt instead of the slim one pictured.

I had a hard time finding this pattern. Again, the tidying. I'd filed it in its proper box. What was I thinking?!? I plan to make view 3 from a white orange printed cotton. No picture, of course, because the orange print is hanging out with the seahorses.

I want to make this dress too, but I'm not 100% sure where I'd wear it. The idea is still percolating.

And I have no hard-and-fast ideas about these two, but they were too much fun to leave behind.
Let's see what actually happens!

4 comments:

  1. You have some really fun vintage patterns there. I will enjoy seeing how they turn out. The Butterick button dress is so elegant , but I too would struggle to find the occasion. Probably not one for cycling in, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pondered being able to ride a bike wearing the Butterick dress. All my summer clothes have to be cycling worthy. Since it has a gored skirt I wonder if I put some kick pleats in the rear seams...?

      Delete
  2. So pleased you're joining in! I've pinned your post to Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/stitchodyssey/2015-vintage-sewing-pattern-pledge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Maybe that will provide sufficient motivation to follow through.

      Delete