Tuesday 13 May 2014

Week 2ish M-M/N-B-N-M and McCalls 6708

May 6 - A thrifted kilt and sweater. And wool tights. Wool! It's May 6 and we're starting the day at 0 degrees.  I debated if I should wear mittens instead of gloves on the bike.Oi!
Will the highland fling translater to 'spring fling' weather?

May 7 - Shorts-that-were-once-trousers and McCalls 6708 cotton cardigan (unblogged) , both in the colour best described as puce. A wearable-if-you-don't-look-too-closely muslin. Cotton tights, so at least it is slightly warmer.

May 8. You'll note the Crayon dress is no longer hanging on  the chimney. That's because I am wearing it. With another McCalls 6708 cardigan. I have fabric for several sweaters - I bought the knits last year, but the sweaters did not materialize. They take about 0.9 meter of fabric so I have enough for the sweater and a simple t-shirt from the yardage (?meterage) I bought. Now that I know how easy they are, I hope to put them together quickly; I need them to wear at work. I've yet to figure out why the air conditioning temperature is set a couple of degrees colder than we are willing to accept for indoor tempertures in the winter time. Hence the need for indoor sweaters.

Hmmm. I should wear different coloured tights. And shorten it by 3".




Thursday - I forgot to take a picture but it was nothing memorable; hand-me-down trousers with a thrifted sweater.

Friday -Yahoo! Hand-me-down jeans with thrifted scarf and re-fashioned (felted with zipper inserted) yard sale sweater.

Saturday and a birthday party for a three year old in a denim Hollyburn. And my kinesio tape matches my shirt, how's that for planning?
It turned out to be a lovely day with the temperature topping out at 23 degrees. Luckily I didn't get a sunburn.
Prepare to run fast!

Sunday and Monday I spent in old, purchased, yard-work clothes. And they don't meet the criteria for this undertaking, so there is no point taking a photo.

Tuesday May 13. Rayon challis skirt and dolman sleeved top with McCalls 6708 sweater. I think the skirt and top were from Vogue patterns but I made them pre-blog. Heck, I suspect they are pre-internet since I think I made them in 1989. I am such a packrat -I create my own vintage items.

Standing for the national anthem.

Thank you for reading this all the way to the end. I wish I had a reward for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment