Sunday 14 April 2013

New Tools and Labels

  It has been awhile since I've bought any sewing tools but I was reading Cidell's blog and saw her post about a button hole guide. I always have trouble with math; it's not that I can't do it, I just don't like making myself do it, and trying to figure out how far apart the button should be drives me crazy. Yes, the guide that comes with the pattern might help, but I've always changed something long before that point.
So I googled Simflex (there are an amazing number of things with that name) and was delighted to find an on-line dealer who sells them. And she is IN CANADA!  While I was on her site, I picked up a button hole cutter and a point turner. Both should make things a little easier. Up until now have narrowly avoided disaster by using a pair of scissors for both tasks.

I've also ordered some feet for my sewing machine but it might take awhile for those to arrive.

 And to also assist me to remember which is the back of my trousers and skirts, I bought some labels. (yes, I know, consistently putting a side zipper in the same side everytime would help but I'm not that focussed. I didn't have ADD as a child, but I certainly seem to have the adult version now. ;) )

I found another Canadian supplier, and ordered two different ones.

I just have to remember to use them.

**I have revieved no financial compensation from either of these two businesses; I simply like to promote Canadian content whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment